Monday, August 26, 2013

Long Run in the Heat!

I really wanted to run 10 miles this weekend but my running partner needed to cut it short and after she left I just couldn't force myself to go back out in that heat. I must say that it is definitely hard to get motivated when you know that sun is going to be baring down on you. The hills through the park are nothing compared to that hot sun melting your skin every step of the way... but in the end its all worth the extra push and sweat to get you to that finish line even if that's your drive way. ;)



Extra thanks to my super awesome running partner for showing up at my house and getting me out that door!! I was only scheduled to run 5 miles this week so 9 was over doing it but when you are that close to 10 miles its so much of a disappointment to not go the extra distance. I am sure my body is thanking me. I was drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment